1st of March is here! I’m finally well again and my internet is back. Can I get a hallelujah?! This calls for a fresh start with things. Not only when it comes to falling behind on my running, but also facing new challenges.
A month back I registered to take part of a national vegan challenge (550 persons will take part) and today is the first day for me to eat purely vegan food during one month. I’ve previously consumed a lot of cheese, eggs (organic), créme fraîche and yoghurt, but everything will change from now on. Thankfully there are fascinating and versatile vegan options out there for me to try out. All I know is that I’m excited and nervous at the same tame. Now that I think of it, some of the things I eat are actually vegan, it’s just that I haven’t thought about it before! Just like this bowl of coconut chia and oats with berries that I eat for breakfast. Delicious and incredibly healthy at the same time. Yum!
Warm Coconut Chia Pudding and Oats with Berries
- 1 TBP chia seeds
- 1 dl coconut milk + extra according to taste
- 4 TBP rolled oats
- Shredded coconut
- Stir together chia seeds and coconut milk in a bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.
- Stir rolled oats into the chia mixture and add a dash of milk.
- Put into the microwave or heat on the stove until warm.
- Spoon into serving bowls. Top with raspberries, blueberries (or preferred berries and fruit) and shredded coconut.